Saturday, November 14, 2015

6 Fun Fitness Facts with Dancing With The Stars' Kym Johnson


As one of the world’s most well-known, talented and admired professional ballroom dancers, not only does Kym Johnson rock it on the dance floor, but she also has onerock-hard body.


If you’ve caught any of the past nine seasons of ABC’sDancing with the Stars (I admit, I’m a total DWTS addict), you’ve most likely noticed the Aussie starlet’s incredibly toned, strong, amazing body in her super-sexy costumes.

Johnson was inspired to become a professional dancer from watching old MGM musicals with the likes of Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charisse. “I have been dancing since I was three and I can’t imagine my life without dance,” says Johnson. “I feel so happy when I’m dancing, and I am so lucky to have a career doing something I love so much.”

With three mirror ball trophies under her belt, her love and passion for dance is clearly emulated with every cha-cha-cha, waltz and quickstep forward. It’s easy to see why America falls in love time and time again with the gorgeous dancer; one hot-step onto the DWTS dance floor and you just can’t take your eyes off her.

Dancing is a great total body workout because “you burn so many calories and tone your entire body without realizing you are working out because you’re having too much fun,” says Johnson.

Aside from dancing her way to a rockin’ body, what else does Johnson do to stay in such phenomenal shape? Here are some fun fitness facts you may or may not know about the charismatic dancing star.